Weather Looking Good for Annual Sidewalk Sale
Above: the weather forecast from NOAA as of Tuesday morning.
The weather is looking promising for this weekend’s annual downtown sidewalk sale. Highs will be in the low 80’s with sunny skies.
The event, which will run Thursday, September 13, through Sunday, September 16, “provides community members and visitors alike with a great opportunity to shop and dine local at downtown East Lansing’s eclectic mix of shops, art galleries and restaurants, while taking advantage of some great deals,” according to promotional materials from the City.
Participating businesses will have a limited number of free-parking vouchers for customers making purchases. According to the City’s webpage on the event, visitors can expect:
- Moosejaw Mountaineering: 20% off full price items, 10% off clearance
- Harper's Restaurant & Brewpub: 50% off food
- The State News: free posters
- East Lansing Threads: 20% off one full-price item and 10% off sale items
- Campus Street Sportswear: clearance items on sale
- The Bike Shop: discounted bike tune-ups; $59 (normally $69)
- Pita Pit: $1 off any smoothie
- The Peanut Barrel: $1.50 soft drink or pint of Labatt or Miller Lite (this sale is good until 7 p.m.)
- Mackerel Sky Gallery of Contemporary Craft: select jewelry and other merchandise discounted 40-75% off
- Hollow Mountain Comics and Games: 10% off board games and graphic novels
- Splash of Color Tattoo & Piercing Studio: 20% off jewelry; free consultation for laser tattoo removal and 50% off first treatment
- Rally House East Lansing: 25% off one full-price item
- Toad Hall: 20% off MSRP on many items
- Unicha Tea & Ice Cream: buy one infusion tea, get 50% off a second infusion tea
- Woven Art: 40% off select yarns, take an extra 10% off with a valid student i.d.
- MSU Student Housing Cooperative: stickers, pins, information
- Grove Gallery & Studios: all Gretel Geist Rutledge prints on sale for $10-$20
- Curious Book Shop: 49% off most items under $49 for the store's 49th Anniversary (Sept. 12-18)
Says Amy Schlusler-Schmitt, East Lansing’s Community Development & Engagement Manager, “We hope to see a great mix of community members out and about in downtown East Lansing during the Sidewalk Sales. This year’s participating businesses are offering up some great deals that shoppers won’t want to miss.”
eastlansinginfo.org © 2013-2019 East Lansing Info