Trojan Track and Field Well Represented at 45th Annual Honor Roll Meet
East Lansing seniors James Hosey (upper left), AJ Kirkland (middle) and Kobe Hayward (lower right) are three of the Trojan top performers slated for action today in the Greater Lansing Honor Roll Meet.
The East Lansing track and field teams will compete today in the 45th annual Greater Lansing Honor Roll meet at Michigan State University’s Ralph Young Field.
Field events (long jump, high jump, shot put, discus and pole vault) begin at 5:30 p.m. and running events will commence at 6:30 p.m.
This particular high school meet typically brings together the top performers from the mid-Michigan area.
East Lansing will be represented in the girls events by sophomore Abbie Draheim (seeded third in the mile run) and sophomore Lucy Wallace (seeded 13th in the two-mile run).
In the boys events, the Trojans have several entries:
- Sophomores Conner Long, Mayan Mayan, and Allan Brown, along with senior Fareed Kareem, are seeded sixth in the 4x400 meter (one mile) relay;
- Long, Brown, senior Kobe Hayward and freshman Judd Pfeiffer are seeded fourth in the 4x200 (half-mile) relay;
- Senior AJ Kirkland is top-seeded in the long jump (22 feet) and senior Kyangelo Robinson is seeded seventh in the shot put;
- Sophomores Eric Kolar, Jonah Church and Nathan Faust, along with freshman Jayden Page, are seeded sixth in the 4x800 (two mile) relay;
- Brothers James (senior) and Alex (sophomore) Hosey are seeded second and fourth, respectively, in the 100 meter dash;
- Alex Hosey, Hayward, Kirkland and Pfeiffer are seeded fifth in the 4x100 meter relay;
- Junior Andrew Lane is seeded second in the 1,600 meter run, senior Teo Tiburcio is seeded second in the 300 meter hurdles; Long is seeded 14th in the 400 meter dash; Faust is seeded fifth in the 3,200 meter run and 19th in the 800 meter run; and freshman Matthew Zeleke is seeded ninth in the 3,200 meter run.
Former Trojan athletes Randy Kinder and Taylor Manson currently hold multiple records at this meet. Kinder won the 100 meter dash in 1992 in a time of 10.1, and a year later (1993) won the 200 meter dash in 21.4.
Manson won both the 200 (24.48) and 400 (53.98) in 2016, in addition to running a leg on the record-setting 800 relay (1:40.64) with Re’Anna Blair, Kayla Gibbs and Brianna Wells.
eastlansinginfo.org © 2013-2019 East Lansing Info